Instructions for Course Registration
**You are not registered for your classes until they appear GREEN on your calendar.**
**When selecting your courses, make sure you are selecting courses within the correct term or semester and by correct campus code.**
- Go to my.troy.edu. If you have not logged in with your TrojanPass account you will need to select the "Login" button and enter your credentials.
- Select the “Self-Service” block.
- Click on "Student Planning."
- Check the notifications tab in the upper right-hand corner to make sure you have no holds on your account. If you have any holds, you will not be able to register until they have been cleared.
- Search for courses by utilizing the “Search for courses…” box in the upper right corner of the screen. You will need to search by subject and number (ex. MTH 1112).
- Find a section by using the drop-down arrow on the grey bar.
** Note: You can filter the information by location, term/semester, etc. by using the panel on the left side of the screen.
- Click "Add Section" to Schedule.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for each course for which you would like to register. You can also add courses to your plan by clicking directly on the course number from the My Progress page. This will direct you to the specific course in the course catalog.
- Once all courses are planned, click on "Student Planning" on the top bar and click "Plan & Schedule." Use the arrows to navigate to the correct term or semester.
- Once you have verified all courses and sections are correct and there are no holds on your account, click "Register Now" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the OK button to accept the terms.
- All courses should turn GREEN. If any remain yellow, please contact your advisor or the Registrar’s Office to help you determine why the course/s didn’t go through.
Selecting the Correct “Term” on Student Self Service/Student Planning
|FA – Fall Semester||August – December|
|SP – Spring Semester||January – May|
|SU – Summer Semester||May – August|
and TROY Online
|T1 – Term 1||August – October|
|T2 – Term 2||October – December|
|T3 – Term 3||January – March|
|T4 – Term 4||March – May|
|T5 – Term 5||May – July|
For Current Army Students
Current Active Duty, Guard and Reserve students from the US Army click here to register through the ArmyIgnitED portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Plan & Schedule?
When all courses have been added to your plan, click on Plan & Schedule under the Student Planning drop down tab. Use the arrows to toggle to the correct semester/term. All classes will appear yellow. If you placed courses on your schedule but didn't choose specific sections, click the View other sections dropdown box under each course. This will place all available sections on the calendar view. Closed/full sections will appear in red and you will be unable to add those to your schedule. Determine which section you would like and click on it on the calendar. This adds that section to your plan.
Once you have determined you have the schedule you and your advisor have agreed upon, click the Register Now button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. All courses should turn GREEN. If any still appear YELLOW, please contact your advisor and have them help you determine the error. Remember, you are only registered for GREEN courses.
How do I remove planned courses from my schedule? How do I drop courses?
To remove any planned/yellow course, click the X next to the course. To drop a course you are registered for (green), click Drop under the course information on the Plan & Schedule tab. Please remember, if you wish to withdraw from the semester/term, you must submit a withdrawal form.
How do I know if I have completed registration?
Once you have successfully registered for your courses, they will turn GREEN and have a check mark in the left corner of the course box.
Important: If you do not see the GREEN box, YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED!
Who would I contact for more assistance?
For assistance or questions regarding registration, you should contact your advisor or call the help center at 800-414-5756.
For Student Planning login or technical issues, please submit a helpdesk ticket by clicking on the following link: Submit HelpDesk Ticket
Student Planning Overview for Students [PDF]
Course Registration Instructions for Students [PDF]
How to View Courses, Seat Count, and Sections in Self-Service [PDF]
How to Register through Student Planning with Screenshots [PDF]
How to File Your Graduation Application [PDF]
Trojan Training - Student Planning for Students
How Do I Register?
When and How Can I Register for Classes?
Why Can’t I Register or Why Do I Have a Hold on My Account?
Why Is There a Hold or Restriction On My Account?